Wednesday, September 13, 2017 / by Admin Prostead
So, a potential buyer is coming to see your house. Don’t panic! Follow these tips to present your house in the best way possible during a showing.
Ready to get your house on the market, or want to see what your house is worth? Click here!
Inside the house· Turn ON every light, even in closets, hallways and inside/under cabinets.
· Open all curtains as wide as possible; leave blinds down but open the slats fully to let in light.
· Turn OFF all ceiling fans.
· Remove all photos and magnets from the refrigerator or other appliances.
· Remove anything on top of refrigerator.
· Put dirty dishes and sponges/scrubbers in dishwasher.
· Hide trashcan and kitchen rugs
· Remove any food from the countertops. Store all countertop appliances
· Remove everything from dining room table, including tablecloth. The only thing that should be on the table is a simple bowl filled with fresh lemons.
· Remove children’s high chairs and booster seats. Put away all toys and infant equipment.
· Put away bills, newspapers and magazines, remote controls.
· Conceal as many electrical cords as possible.
· If you have a pool table, take cover off and rack billiard balls in center of table ready to play.
· Put away all clothing and close dresser drawers.
· Remove everything but one or two decorative items from tops of bureaus.
· In bedrooms, a few toys are fine, but avoid piles of games, books and dinosaurs all over the floor.
· In infant rooms, hide anything diaper-related.
· In the bathrooms, clean mirrors and countertops. Remove everything from countertops except a new hand towel and a few decorative accessories.
· Put one or two fresh towels on towel bar. Remove any towels hanging from pegs.
· Remove bath rugs and sweep/mop floor.
· Hide all makeup, shampoo bottles, tissue boxes, wastebaskets and toilet brushes.
· Put the toilet seat down.
· Stash any laundry inside the machines and organize shelves.
· Remove the cover from your barbecue grill if it’s in good shape.
Outside the house· Open any deck/patio umbrellas
· Remove any cars, boats, trailers, from the driveway. Don’t put them in the garage – park them on the street where they can’t be seen from inside the house.
· Move garbage cans and recycle bins inside the garage.
· Close all garage doors.
· Hide hoses, hose-holders, sprinkler attachments.
· Store any children’s toys or sports equipment both inside the house and outside.
With these tips, it’s easy to get top dollar when selling your house! Call ProStead to get your house on the market today!
Photo from housemixblog.com